Canh chua cá-fish sour soup is very common for authentic Vietnamese cuisine when cooking at home. As daily home meal mostly included “canh” which is a broth of vegetable with fish or meat. Canh chua cá-fish sour soup is top pick for canh as its always give you a tasty meal. That why Vietnamese cuisine has it as authentic food that everyone eat at least 5 time in life. And this season i catched many barb fish-similar to catfish but smaller. So i cooked this “canh chua ca nganh” many time this month. I felt greedy if not sharing this recipe for a Vietnamese food lover.
So here what my recipe for this canh chua:
- 200g barb fish
- 1 and half fresh tomato sliced (about 200g)
- 200g sliced fresh pineapple (nearly ripe)
- 2 stalk green onion( chop small)
- 1/2 tbsp fishsauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500ml water
- 4 small sharllot( sliced and chop)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- salt, chicken stock or pork stock, pepper, chili, tumeric powder
-I clean the fish with sea salt( shake it in a bowl with cap on or something similar) then wash.
– Marinate fish with minces sharlot, fishsauce, 1/3 teaspoon of each(salt, pepper, chili, tumeric, stock) 30 minutes.
-Heat the pot and add oil, sharlot in, stir till nice smell then add tomato, pineapple in and stir about 5 minutes.
-Add water in then add shrim paste in, wait till it hard boiling then add fish in.
-Add spice in and taste if you need more salty. Then wait till it hard boil again. Add spring onion and some pepper on top. Off the heat
So you get a delicious “canh chua ca nganh” for your meal. Hope you enjoy the cooking as i did.